Welcome to Stockholm International Swimming Club! Is this your first time joining one of our courses? Here are the most FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS from our new students!
Where is the pool and how do I get there?
Please check out our webpage about pools with all the instructions: https://www.stockholmswimmingclub.se/our-pools/
What should I bring?
- A comfortable swim suit
- 1-2 towels. The extra one is for the sauna after class!
- Swimcap (optional but recommended)
- Goggles (you can also borrow a pair from us if you are unable to buy a pair)
- Flip-flops/sandals (optional but recommended, read more here)
- Plastic/dry bag to put your wet stuff in after the class
- Clean cosy underwear to put on after the class
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo and conditioner (provided by Haga Health Club if your course is located there)
- A lock (NOTE: Only for courses at Vasalundshallen- locks are provided by Haga Health Club)
- A positive attitude 🙂
What should I do before the class?
- Try not to eat right before the class, but you can have a snack after the lesson!
- Always shower with soap before the class, it helps to keep the pool clean!
- Change in your swimming suit.
How long will the class be and what should I expect?
Our courses are always 1 hour, and vary from 4-6 classes, depending on which course you are enrolled in. During our first lesson, we will have a short talk in the beginning and give you some more information about our classes. You will receive a lot of individual attention in our classes, since we aim to have 2 coaches in each class of 4-5 students.
I’m on my period. Should I skip my swimming lesson?
In short, no, you can absolutely swim during your period. Even if you have some period cramps, water helps to relax and relieve them. Read more tips for swimming during your period here.
What do I do if I know I will miss a class, and is there an opportunity to make this class up?
We understand, life happens! That’s why we offer our students the opportunity to make up one missed class. All you have to do is inform us when you will miss a class, and we will find you a spot in another available group.
I need to cancel my registration for the class, what do I do?
Please write us an email as soon as you know. For the group classes cancellation policy is 14 days, for the private coaching sessions 24 hours! If there is an emergency or sickness, your insurance should be able to cover the costs associated with late cancellation.
Hopefully this information answered your questions, and we look forward to meeting you soon!